Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

 I took a day off work and it felt like the best decision ever! The day was just beautiful, nice and sunny. I had a girl meet up with my friend. She had her 18 month son with her. He has the most perfect dimples when he smiles. We had to sit in a children's area so he could let us talk. Here is what I made out of his veggies.....



We had chai Latte. It's chai made with cinnamon and is frothy like coffee. 



New beginnings this week

I started a group called Quran sisters. In this small group we are learning to understand Arabic in order to understand namaz and quran better. Its going to be baby steps, but I hope to be persistent.

On the same note, after months of planning, today I started the weight training. I just exercised with 1 kg weight in each hand. Slow and steady is how I plan to continue. 

With food, united we stand

My Indian work colleague shared dhokla with me. It was delicious! Perfectly spiced. 

Working on the last day of week day-not easy. So I call it Friday fun and bring in samosas. The samosas today were just next level. 

Did my weight training and walk around the hospital cut the calorie count? I don't know. Did I enjoy that moment of joy sharing what (samosa) I love, YES!


Reading update

Most days I can't keep up with reading 10 pages, so I read atleast two. The mos t recently thing I learned was that people who write down with detail, how they are going to get a task done, they have a higher chance of getting it done compared to those that don't write.  For next time, when the task feels monumental, write down to micro detail on how you are going to to do it. Research says its going to be done!

I read naashta time as natasha time. I need rest. Ok 👋 

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend post!