April May

I don’t even remember when was the last time I d written a post. I do remember prompting my ex-interns (who’ll always be my interns) into writing a post for me some time back.  As I sit under the mango tree with my green tea (with the lemon drops) I collect myself on how to begin.

Apriling clinicking


I rotated in clinics in April. The month of my birthday. April fool. I grow an year older as the clinics proceed. Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are clinic days. Tuesdays and Fridays are days of almost nothingness. The nurses like me there (or so I think). "Daikh bilkul hamaray jaisee hay , har waqt khatee rahtee hay!", one of them beams.
Then the patients who are there for their initial visit, it was difficult yet funny explaining that I am not Dr Nehal.
The stalk of files to see is amazing. Its only do able thanks to the sanity that the staff maintains.
 

 

 

Floor returns


One labour day later I am back on floors. With a mixed old new team, Khalid (jo marta kum hay ghaseetta ziada hay), Nasreen (cool calm composed), Ayesha (fast n furious) and Shehzad (our billa). We are blessed with two interns, Hakeem (who is a doctor) and Quratulain (our Ain of D2).
Together we have consumed litres upon litres of tea. We have all laughed together like crazy. Its been a crazy month.
We have had quite a bit of funny moments.
Consultant to patient: "Hum aap ko ghar bhaij rahay hain."
Patient to consultant : "Kya doctor sahib, aap mera ghar baich rahee hain!"
Its an amazing bond that has been created among us. Quite a group with one common trait, nobody says no to food.
 

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!