Would be thinking of you on Sunday

'I d be thinking of you on Sunday', says the old lady with the most kind eyes and beautiful face. She has a hairstyle like Diana and carries it so well.

A few weeks back I'd examined her and she knew that I had an exam coming up. She was so yellow then (obstructive jaundice) and now was told that she had a pancreatic growth. She had seemed to digest the news pretty bravely and was looking forward to be discharged home today. 

I told her today that exam was on Sunday and that everybody else had already given theirs. 'I know you’d pass', she reassured. I hope I do.

Its strange that my exam is on twentieth, about a week after the last date. I hope they are conducting one on the day, at least the mail said so.

'I should sue the college if I there isn't one, right', I explain to myself while talking to this colleague from Sri Lanka. 'Yes, you should tell them that I’ve gone through much tension and trauma while preparing and can't imagine going through the same again', he smiles away.

'So give me an honorary degree, in that case', I finish, smiling cheek to cheek. Such brand ideas on a Monday morning.

Senator Rehman Malik receiving his Honorary degree from the Karachi University Vice Chancellor.

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!