Elections.

Its been scorching hot today. As I sit on my bench, its almost six in the evening. The wind has started to blow. Thats how life is. Isnt it. It never remains the same. The good times. The bad ones. One shall fade into the other. Good becoming better.


We are approaching elections. Since I was a kid, it has been ping pong. The PPP, followed by PML. Ping pong ping pong. All of them almost the same to me. My family has always voted for a party, that never got power. Funny in its own right.
As I look back, memories of elections shine up like a festivity. Polling stations were schools. I mainly accompanied the older ladies for the food stalls. We were never scared of being blasted then. There would be a few women fighting here and there. But that was about it. I still remember that was a minor party, whose voting sign was 'cooler'. They had arranged coolers of cool water and they went on "Vote for the cooler and get a glass of cool water". The party with the 'arrow' sign couldnt have such claims.
So elections are just six days away. We all want to vote. But at the same time we want to come home safe. I hope its fun. I hope its safe. May the best one win.



Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more