A smile a day 4

"Where is he bleeding from, gums, nose, per rectally????"


We have a young male with viral fever. His platelets have started to drop. He has an older sister, who wears green nailpolish, which looks oh so pretty on her. As there is a risk of bleeding hence I warn the sister, "If your brother has bleeding from any site, you have to inform us.". I repeat this about thrice. She nods her head in affirmative.
Rounds start. Rounds finish.The girl in green seems to be waiting for me at the counter. As I approach her, she goes on, "Doctor you told me that if my brother bleeds I have to inform you". Oh great, my mind races. The poor guy has started to bleed, and we will have to transfuse platelets. Not nice. Not nice at all. "Where is he bleeding from, gums, nose, per rectally????", I ask. "Oh no doctor, not from there", she answers. "Then where?", I say, starting to panic now."You see doctor, when the nurse took out the cannula from his arm, there was some blood and as you told me that I should inform you, hence here I am!", she replied with such innocence....

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!