Weekend post!

Welcome to the weekend post!
This is Zarka and here is what I have been upto.
In order to continuously learn and evolve, I am trying to read 10 pages from a book everyday- sometimes I read less, at times more.
Say hi to this tiny book that am reading. 


I loved this quote by Mother Teresa, "We cannot do great things on this earth. We can only do small things with great love".


So let me walk you around the small things I did with great love.

In order to eat healthier, I am trying to follow the 'Ikigai' books Japanese ideology of eating a rainbow meal. Eating fresh means chopping a lot of stuff. I place this time and effort into my 'exercise time' slot. Not easy this buying, washing, chopping business!


Life is replacing chai with coffee. And this card makes me look forward to a free coffee. We call it 'mufta' in Pakistan. No matter what, cant get the mufta out of me. Dont have the perfect translation for mufta. Perhaps one of my readers can help me find and share its meaning. 


As I had my slow lunch, these flowers added so much colour to my life. Pink, fresh and green.

At times I cook up these fancy breakfasts- this one turned out really well. A pocket of omelette with surprise of cheese inside and mashed tomato chutney on the inside. Honey toast with some veggies and fruits on the sides. 


Remember to love yourself, today and every day. I tried this eye mask. Fifteen minutes of application... reminded me to slow down. Smile. Inhale. Exhale. 


Last week was tough on us Pakis-both onshore and off. May Allah keep the peace- both outside and inside our hearts. Hope you are having a fantastic weekend. I am on to some house chores and cooking now. Till next week!




Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets