Just before Valentine's day.

First, a disclaimer, this post is not about valentine's at all.
My dear readers must be wondering, where have I been so long. Well honestly, I've just been too lazy to write a post. Life has been just as exciting. Just as sweet. Just as kind.

Just for kicks

On one fine weekend, as I am oncall in the hospital, Ahras (our year two resident), post call, asks me, 'I have to leave for my class at five, guess what class I've joined?'. After some pretty lame answers, I figured out that she has joined Taekwondo classes.




A week passes. And I join the club. An hour of intense exercise! Loads of fun. Because of time constraints, and wanting to go home early, I join the children's class between five to six pm. I've never been sporty. A few days down the road, my legs start to ache. And eventually I start limping. Its now, in this age, that I find out that I don't run right. Normal people run on their toes. I, on my whole foot. So for now I am left with sore legs and a bit of a limp. But its getting better by the day. I wont run for a few days, but when I do, it would be ON MY TOES!



New foods

I can swear by Appa's recipes on the facebook fan page, 'Handi'. Basic ingredients. And the food turns out exactly like in the pictures. Yum for sure. Tried their namkin booti, masal booti. Easy to make, tasting fab.
And yes, I tried kashmiri chai as well. Not bad I must say. The recipe was not from Handi, but googled down as below:


Kashmiri Tea

Ingredients:
2 tsp of Kashmiri tea leaves OR pure green tea leaves (this is a family version, comes out quite close to the real deal)
1/4 – 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2-3 pods of cardamom, seeds removed and crushed roughly
1 1/2- 2 cups of water
1 1/2 – 2  cups of whole milk
1/4 – 1/2 tsp sea salt OR sugar if you prefer, but it’s ‘Salt tea’ so salt is more authentic!
Garnish: 1-2 tsp of ground pistachios and almonds and 1 tsp of poppy seeds
Makes up to 2 cups of tea. Takes about 15 minutes to prepare
Method:
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, add the 2 tsp of tea with about 1/2 of water, boil till frothy then add the bicarbonate of soda and whisk vigorously for about 10 seconds and then add the rest of the water and crushed cardamom and boil until the tea broth becomes a bright red.
2. Now bring the heat down to medium low and add the milk and whisk the tea broth very vigorously to achieve a slight froth. The colour of the tea should now be a lovely dark pink. If you add more milk, the colour gets even lighter, the choice is yours.
3. Finally, add the salt and stir. Pour in to a cup and sprinkle with crushed pistachios and almonds. Enjoy while watching the snow fall….



Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more