Winters, I love thee!

I just absolutely love winters. The amazing things associated with this season are endless. The only downfall is dry parched skin. But that can be taken care of.
The list of good things are peanuts, oranges, soup, carrot halwa, chilgozas (where art thou??), sweaters, shawls.......

Wedding fevers

Shadis and more shadis. I am invited to one of them. Dr Quratulain is getting married. As we entered the driveway the gate keeper asks us, 'You want to go to Qudratulain's wedding?'. We smile back and head towards the wedding hall. Its a new one, the bride later informs us. I was actually impressed when I saw it. Capacious. Beautiful.
They first served soup. Sweet and sour, I suppose. It was perfect, just to my liking. A lot of people tasted it till midway and then left the rest. My dear fans are not going to leave food like that, are they? Food is not to be wasted like that. Later the meal is served. Four types of barbecue, Karhai, biryani, kachori, salads, drinks, kulfi, carrot halwa, coffee, and in the end paan. I fill my plate with a bit of everything among aunties pushing me on both ends. What I end up with is a plate filled with confused taste. 'Next time I attend a wedding, I am going to taste one thing at a time', I tell myself.
This morning, my stomach is in a bit of a growl, and I don't know exactly which food to blame.

Weekend- barbecue mania

On Saturday I bake (actually broil) fish, and for today chicken has been marinated for baking. Thank God its Monday tomorrow, or else I'd have baked myself.

Here goes the recipe of the fish:
Four fillets of fish
Salt to taste
Red chili powder a teaspoon
Mustard powder two teaspoons
Garlic paste of two cloves
Honey one teaspoon
Mix the above. On a baking tray (I used a top of my daighchi), spread thin film of oil. Place the fish skin side up. Burn the oven, so that the flames are above the dish not below. Let it cook. Keep a check. Once cooked on one side, flip the fish. let it cook again. Awesome fish is ready. Enjoy.



As for today am trying the same mix on chicken. Will update you guys if it worked or not.

Happy winters guys!
Don't forget to share the happiness with those who can't afford, no matter how big or small.
Z.

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more