Smiling all the way

On my exam day I am unusually excited. Prompting people to think that I've gone mad. I haven't. Or maybe a little.
 
Over the weekend, in the Sunday newspaper, a writer says that you don't look for inspiration to write. You have to work like a carpenter. Carpenter. Wood. Me something like woody wood pecker. I get inspired, but dont work like a carpenter. Saw I have lost.
Its Monday morning. Ami sends Junaid (my younger brother) to get some eggs. Junaid comes back with halwa puri. I was getting late, but take ample time to devour the fat. Its yummy, I tell myself. And I ll burn it off, I remind myself again. Its going to be a long day in clinic, I ll work hard, I continue to convince. It was ten minutes to nine when I start my ride to the hospital. Its a beautiful morning. Beautifully beautiful.
The clouds all grey.
I open my blog to write a new post. I have two "followers". That sounds a little odd. Followers. A little elating as well. Perks, perks of life.

Strike two
Tuesday. September eleven. 2007. Six years back, same day I had my exam in Lahore. That was fun. If you pass, I guess it is. Looking in retrospect. Lahore looked different at that time. All dug up. So was Karachi in those days, with so many roads to make. On my exam day I am unusually excited. Prompting people to think that I've gone mad. I haven't. Or maybe a little.

Strike three
Thursday. Lazy morning. With the 'Journal club' cancelled, I didn't have anything to prompt me to wake up. Ami had made nashta by the time I woke up. Lazy nashta. The tea made a little too karak. And not really warm. I thought of rewarming it, and then dumped the idea. Too lazy.

Strike four
Wednesdays have never been so lovely! I eventually wake up at quarter past eight. Drag my self. Ami is making nashta. Its a paratha nashta. I devour one paratha, and then this follows half more. Lovely, super lovely. Its quarter to ten, when I eventually arrive in the red building. Not many tasks ahead. Again. Cafe' visit is a must. Tea needs to flow in the system. Paper cup and tea fills up. Half sweet and half not so sweet.Still sweet.
 There is a session about prevalence of esophageal and oral cavity cancers. Farigh log. I should attend it, I tell myself. One and a half hour later, as I write this, I am done with attending the talk. And it was amazing. The presenter was a pathologist. A gentleman with the kindest of smiles. This is what makes a human beautiful. Amazing nature, kind smile, ability to listen, understand, not be annoyed when you actually should. And I could go on and on......

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more