Eidi, to whom it may concern.

My blog says that the last post published was on first July. Almost more then one and a half month later, I sit down to write another one. I have my mind filled with a mumble jumble of at least ten ideas to start around but they are all blurred. Vague. The responsibility of writing a post, just to have some shallow breath left to my blog. It needs some oxygen, it cries, some oxygen. Please.


Girlish lot

The rota comes for August. The month of Azadi. The chief who makes the rota, decides to keep the oncology team azaad from any male residents. Total of eight girls. All sizes. Cute, amazing, naughty. I make the ninth one. My girls work and work hard.


Sitara-e-imtiaz

I google search and find the following definition in wikipedia.

The Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Urdu: ستاره ا متيا, English: Star of Excellence), is the third highest honour and civilian award in the State of Pakistan. It recognizes individuals who have made an "especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of Pakistan, world peace, cultural or other significant public endeavors".

An official AKUH mail says that Dr Nehal Masood (Head of Department Oncology), has been awarded Sitara-i-Imtiaz. Wow!

Come Friday and Dr Nehal Masood looks every bit his award. It is a serious round, but is just made humorous. Dr Nehal to a patient, "How is your chemotherapy goin?". The patient responds, "Fine Dr Sahab.". And just as Dr Nehal turns, comes an almost desperate excited voice. We all turn. Its the patient. "Dr Sahab, many congratulations for your award, I just read it in the newspaper!!!". We all smile, but Dr Nehal gives his Sitara-i-imtiaz smile. And it goes on. Patients, attendants, attendings and not so attendings. The same thing, congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!!!!

Fasting or slowing..

The month flied away. It did. Just before Ramazan, I'd thought, how would I function, fasting, so much work.          

My work, which just never finishes. Will I ever be able to have iftaris at home. Well I had them at home. Almost. The most interesting were the ones in my car. I could barely finish work few minutes before work. With the thought that the roads would be empty, and the journey back home wont last more than ten minutes. It was rather fun watching people on the road sides. The people of Karachi, who people far away may think are terrorists, heart less, unkind. People of Karachi, prove that they are anything but. Free iftaris were served on the road side. It was interesting to see people, most of the times encircled in circles, eating. Happy.

Eid status post Ramazan

Oh! Its there. New clothes, chorian, mehndi. Food. All of a sudden, during the whole day. The gastrointestinal system looks at us with awe and amazement. It should be informed. Its Eid!

I just had the sheer khurma I made last night. I call it 'having the taste of my own medicine'. All the television networks who acted decent are now overflowing with colourful programs. Some a bit too colourful. Oh well.

But its meethi Eid, for the sweetest of people.

Main Kya Karoon

This Eid I am blessed with four holidays. Exactly. 'In chutiyoun ka main kya karoon.......'.

You being my fan, are practically stuck with my choices. No choice. I just love this song. Enjoy.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more