Hearty posts

Her daughter on the bed side smiles as well!


It has been eight days since the last post. So its long time no see.




Nothing really interesting has happened in the last few days. But things donot have to be interesting. I usually make them sound interesting. Thats what my sister says. And you as my ardent fan just have to agree.


The heart problems

A middle aged patient is in emergency. He has been on a very high post in his hay days and has come in with severe chest pain. His family is really worried. And they should be. But then they remind us time and again about their father's  earlier post and that he should be given extra attention. The poor guy was sweating like anything. We could not give him nitrates as he had changes in inferior ECG leads. So morphine infusion was started. Few minutes later I visited him again. He looked better now. Pain free. "Uncle, how do you feel now?", I asked. "Much better doctor. But they have told me that they are giving me morphine in my IV drip. Please donot give me this, this is nasha and is prohibited!", he goes on. My smile widens. Her daughter on the bed side smiles as well.




Akeeley hain to kya dar hay!


Its eight pm. I proceed for dinner in the cafetaria. Its called CHC cafetaria (as its next to community health centre). At night only doctors are served here. Very few people are there. I request for the chicken curry and am served a huge piece. A piece as big as myself! It's fun eating alone. A lot of people usually have issues like 'I cant eat alone', 'I feel lonely and sad', etc etc. My problem is I just cannot wait.The hunger pangs are just too much for me. Its infact fun. Fun to watch people eat. Listen to their talk. A lot of times the stories are amazing. Its also interesting to watch the contents in people's trays. My father once commented. "You should look at the bliss on the doctors faces while having halwa puri on weekends!". Right dad. We are the ones who often advice for healthy eating, and who themselves miss meals and end up with whatever oily snacks available in the cafetaria. Aren't we entitled for some fun, when we have to actually drag ourselves for the weekend duties. Drag ourselves, when the rest of the city of lights is sleeping!


I'll now leave you with this wonderful number, kirkir kirkir, lalalalalalalaaaaaaah!!!!!





Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!