As he drops…

Clock ticks two am. The nurse calls and tells me, “”Come quick, your doctor has collapsed!”. I don’t believe this.What the hell is the nurse saying. I rush towards CICU. My patient has been reintubated. While intubating Doctor S (my anaesthesia colleague, oncall with me), felt dizzy and collapsed.

 

Thank God, there was another anaesthesia resident standing nearby to complete the patient’s intubation.

As he definitely needs to nourish himself.

On the bed adjacent to the patient, lay Dr S.Have you checked his blood sugar, I ask the nurse. The glucometer arrives and the blood sugar is fine along with the rest of the vital signs. Dr S tries to get up, but I ask him to take some rest. His support is needed to run all those washing machines (ventilators)!

 

 

Early next morning, as we start breakfast, Dr Javed Hussain arrives for the rounds. I pack my nashta in a tissue paper, pick up the glass of milk and ask Dr S to complete the meal, as he definitely needs to nourish himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ladies and gentleman, below comes an annoying surprise.Hope this will successfully,  make you dizzy!

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more