Meri rahain, meray rastay

Clinic completes early. So I have an hour, extra and free to my life. The passage from the clinics till B2 oncall rooms is both long and interesting. It gives you a long walk to think. If the day was nice the path is smiley, if the day was not so smooth, you are all the more bitter.
So you climb down the flight of stairs, pass through Nazeraliwalji.









Three minutes pass


There is a lot of construction underway. They are building a two story building. And its building up every day.You have to almost take a u turn and you can see the main building. On this route you see a lot of young and not so young men  with ties. Then comes the round about of the main building. Here if there is an aunty or not so aunty, she makes sure she scans you. She thinks that because you work here so you are highly paid and follow the latest fashion trends. I make sure I throw a smile and move on before she starts to make an effort to smile back.
The main entrance is crossed. On the left is the bookstore and the cafe. People are turning up for dinner now.


Up we go
 I head towards the lift. Few seconds and I am on second floor. You turn right and then again right. B2 is a gynae obs ward. The attendants are a mix of old and young. All happy. You could frequently overhear how pretty the new baby is. The B2 entrance is reached. The lady guard searches for my ID card."I may look like a massy but actually am a doctor", I think to myself. I pick my,card and show it to her with a winning smile. She smiles back. I enter B2, and a u turn later
I’ve reached the oncall room.


Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!