Neurological night

First call in Neurology.Weekend call.We start off with seven patients and discharge four.One is shifted to wing.Left with two more.

I ask Dr Kamran if I could clerk some patients from ER. The offer delights him.He says I should cover his ER responsibilities from 8-10pm ,while he attends Neurology night.The deal is settled.

I take my book out of the locker, and aim to study.Saima Kamal (lovingly called chulbul) is sitting on C2 counter.She offers tea and Aini joins in.I shrug the thought of studying and join in some hearty gossip……

I shrug the thought of studying and join in some hearty gossip……

Earlier , Aini asks Dr Kamran about the Neurology night, and whether we could join.He agrees.

Done with tea ( and ither kee other ) I head back to C2 with the promise with Aini and Saima that I would page them before leaving for the function.

As i complete my prayers ,Dr Kamran pages from ER.He asks me to come to ER immediately to see some patients as he doesn’t have the energy to see anymore.Few minutes later I could be seen in ER.I clerk one young male with suspected seizure history.This kid does not have seizures ,I think to myself.Dr Kamran clerks another patient and the clock ticks 8:30.”Shall we leave for the function”,Dr Kamran asks.I page Aini before leaving.She says that I should leave and she will join as soon as she is free.

We hit the sports centre where the event is organised.The arrangement is almost of a wedding.The whole neuro department is there, and all look their best. I feel like a massi , in my lab coat and old headscarf, worn out shoes.

 

Dr Saad Shafqat is seen in kurta pyjama.He looks elegant.Dr Ayesha Kamal looks her usual hot.She is just amazing, beauty with brains!

The event starts retrograde.Food is served first.Fresh naans, oily chicken curry ,kababs,chicken tikka,biryani, salads, raita, drinks.I end it all up with a caramel kulfi.The weather is nice and chilly, and I start to have a runny nose.

Photo0804Photo0806

My plate filled with food!

Aini and Saima arrive (just when the waiters have started to take away food).Hence this massi is joined by two more massis!

Aini has the capability of rotating her head 360 degrees!She almost scans everybody!

And then the fun begins!Dr Sarwar comes on stage and asks Dr Saad Shafqat to come forward and comment. He thanks the whole department excepts the residents , as he says that they are like his kids!

Then come Dr Wazir , followed by Dr Liaquat, giving way to Dr Junaid.

Dr Sarwar then calls Dr Kamran. Dr Kamran says that he still has an year of talking left….but anyways. His account of his co-residents is funny and sweet.

Eventually comes Dr Ayesha and recall the day when neurology service was still in his hatching , and how wonderful it has been.

By now comes the surprise. Dr Sarwar takes his shoes off and sits on the stage , with the tabla guy on his left , and his son with the harmonium on the right.He sing beautifully one old song after another!

Photo0805

Dr Sarwar, spelling magic

The last surprise is Dr Aziz Sonawalla. His singing is as smooth as his neurological examination!

Photo0807

Dr Sonawalla singing his “hip” numbers

 

Sana and Dr Samia then join.Dr Sonawalla continues the trend of Dr Sarwar (of singing old songs). “Why doesn’t he sing a hip number!”, Sana asks. “These are hip numbers of his time!”, I tell Sana.

Urray jab jab zolfain tari ……… Dr Sonawalla sings away.. . . . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!