Resting days

Its one of those blessed days called ‘long weekend’. Friday was a little tough or maybe just that, tough. But then it was tough for the whole of Pakistan I guess. Our cricket team stumbled at a score of ninety nine. That upset our Pakistani men no end. “Our team always does that”, they say. “But then just the other day our team caused the opposing team to be all out at seventy and remember how excited  we were! ”, I oppose. Of course they don’t like my views. Little do I care.

Coming back to my tough day and  as I  think back  it seems that it was rather fun. I told that to Sumaira (our year two) and she didn’t agree. Having smooth rounds always is no fun. There should be some speed breakers.

The Baba solution

On coming back home I try to find some solution to improve. “Instead of just doing a fellowship in oncology, I feel that I am running some administrative job”, I discuss with my father. “Administration is fun!”, my father smiles away. “But it’s a little tough being in the middle administration, you are answerable to the people above and manage the juniors at the same time”, dad goes on.

Great leader, the google search

I look up in Google for tips of being a great leader and come with the following:

Key Trait #1: You must have a vision

Key Trait #2: You must have passion.

Key Trait #3: You must learn to be a great decision maker.

Key Trait #4: You must be a team builder.

Key Trait #5: You must have character.

Character? Like our Inzamam says, “Boys showed a lot of character!”

Mommy plans

I just laze around as my mom roams around here and there. She has so many plans for the two days that I have at home and on the other side I don’t even want to move an inch. Its called inertia. I have moved enough for the last two weeks mom.

 

The book worm

The novel I bought about ten days back is about to be finished. Titled ‘Our lady of Alice Bhatti’, it has a terrible blue cover and it shows a heart with a dagger. I still don’t understand why the writer decides to turn to obscenity at times. He probably thinks that the novel will sell more, I guess. By the end of this weekend I intend to lay Alice to rest. For good.

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more