Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Things that matter

It was quite a busy week. I spent time in a room of a dying patient- heard all the conversations- they spoke about all that eventually matters- they just wanted her to know that she was loved. She was appreciated for all the joy that she added to their lives. No one spoke of money, careers, petty grievances. No one.......



10 pages a day

Confession time: Havent really been reading 10 pages daily. However, what I have been doing is reading everyday. Its like aim for the moon and landing amongst the stars. At the moment am reading two books: 

1. Dont sweat the small stuff treasury- 

It was so interesting that my patient was reading the same book- in a bigger size-perhaps with more content. Its beautiful. The most recent chapter was on how to be a better listener. Am working on that. 



2. The power of habit- amazing read on how habits form and reasons for sticking with them. So far have learned that it takes effort to start a habit. After a while it just becomes second nature. However a habit needs a reward. Reward could be feeling happy after workout or an organized place. 

Am half-way through each book and will share what I learn next. 

A man called Otto

What a heart-warming movie- funny, sad, emotional. Emphasizing that we need each other more then we think we do. That the power of kindness goes a long way and always finds its way back to you. Do watch it if you haven't already. 



Falling in love with my own cooking, cause why not

I started cooking at age 12. That romance has continued and strengthened over the years. Pakoras were my first cooked dish. What a strange way to begin. Savoury is my way of life. I love a well made chaat, a plate of nihari or Haleem. Biryani with a shami kebab is of course next level love. To that, add a coke  and you have arrived in heaven! 

Up next is making a good cup of coffee. 



You made me happy when mind was gray 

As I walked around with a million thoughts, I  wanted to change perspective and count all the blessings of the day. I looked up and found the lemon tree- so yellow and fresh- I smiled a grateful smile and began my list .... 



Fitness journey- the whirlwind road

I look at the scale and it stares back a number I would like to minus 5 to. Have been reading up on how to eat better, but then end up with a banana bread and ice cream over the weekend. Have three banana bread pieces left over and have googled that they can stay frozon for a while. So off to the freezer my friend! See you another day

Have joined the yoga and pilates class at the work gym. This week will work on eating healthy. 

Thats it for now! Take care



Popular posts from this blog

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!