Oh hello 2020 people!

Friendship goals !?!  

"The only way to learn new things is to either read books or meet new people". This is my very wise friends  Cassie's wisdom. She then went on to talk about babies, " they learn something new, then go to sleep. Then they wake up full of energy to repeat the cycle". I was so impressed by her observation. She self decided that both of us should do this, atleast during the time off. 

Qasim Ali Shah (motivational speaker) quoted Wasif Ali Wasif in his talk. He had said that if you want to spend time with someone, ensure that the person is 'daana' (wise). If not 'daana', then must be atleast 'raana'  (beautiful). If not both, then don't bother spending time there. 

My friend is both daana and raana. 

Hobbies

One of my many hobbies is listening to Qasim Ali Shah's talks. Here are my notes from his recent talk:  


His talks are awesome! What a remarkable man. Here is the link  of his talk. I usually listen while doing house chores. The food is made and the mind has learnt so much  by the end.  

By the way, if you judge my Urdu writing, I am going to judge you for the rest of my life. 

Sydney walk yesterday

My friend Shradha (another example of daana and raana) and I took a walk with Sydney walking tours. It was awesome. There is so much to see. This city is gorgeous. We have made mental notes of all the things we need to see. Someday. For sure. 
The day was just beautiful for a walk. 


Allah says in Surah An'Nahl, 

Looking at the raindrops on the rose reminds us of this Ayah. SubhanAllah. 


New year is coming!

My friend Uzma asked me where I will go for New year's night? I didn't have an exciting answer. My history has been to sleep early most new years. So lets see. 
Hope your new year is filled with love and light. Stay safe peeps. I will blog after a year now. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more