Meethi Pardesi Eid


Eid Mubarak guys! Hope you had a fantastic one. Will take you through what I did.

Chand Raat

I tried to have things exactly the way back home. This involved cleaning home squeaky clean.
I had bought henna cone a while back from Ramadan market. So it was application time....
My attempt at mehndi
Each year my Bhabhi applies mehndi on me. I am not much of a mehndi artist but I gave it a shot nonetheless. My Bhabhi sent me pictures of my niece's hands with mehndi. Please say awwww and also MashaAllah.
Awwwwww

I made saiwaiyaan and chicken karahi (recipe was from food fusion). I mainly made it for the mini-Eid party with colleagues that us three muslim girls at work had planned for Thursday (second day of EID).
Saiwaiyaan

Chicken Karahi

Eid Itself 

It rained and rained in the morning and pretty much the whole day of Eid. I made it a point to join the Eid prayers as otherwise it would be too gloomy sitting at home all alone. The nearest mosque is an hour away. My friend and her parents were to be there, so I headed via public transport. My umbrella flipped a gazillion times while I braved the wind and rain. Anyways it was all worth it in the end. 
The Mosque
The ladies side.....

Later during the day me and my friends watched Aladdin. 'A whole new world...…..'. It was a bit of a drag in the middle but on the whole a nice watch. And yes, now I am a Will Smith fan. 

Second day of Eid

It was back to work the second day but it was also our mini party day. We set up the chicken karhai, saiwaiyan, chips, peanuts and baklawa and had a mini feast. They put me on the spot to give a little speech on what Eid is. I told them that how we had silently fasted over the last month and are now sharing this festivity will all present.

I labelled all the food so the contents were known. 

That's it for today. Enjoy the rest of Eid. It ain't over till its over! 

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more