All in a day

I decide to make tea post lunch. Am in clinic by the way. Heat water. Put powder milk in cup. Throw in the tea bag. Add the water to the cup. Give the milk a good shake. I did all that all right. Few minutes later I dip the tea bag up and down. Dip dip. It continues to look like milk. All right. Here comes the spoiler. I had added green tea bag. Dip dip dip.
My consultant leaves. I make the investigation slip as the patient looks at my pen. "You should also have an expensive pen like your consultant's", says the patient. I look up and smile. I continue to write. With my head bent down, I scratch my head for an intelligent and witty answer to that remark. I come up with none.
Fifteen minutes down the consultation, the patient asks me, "Are you doctor _______ (mentions my male consultant's name)". I smile. Real wide. "No", is my intelligent and witty answer to this.
The clinic goes on.

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!