Confused

A day off in the middle of the week is just crazy.

A day of nothingness. Waking up at two means that now your head aches because of lying prone for so long. You are not sure whether to lunch or breakfast. The rest of the family continues with their routine. You seem just awestruck. Slightly encephalopathic. Power failure again. I drag myself with my cup of tea and my unfinished novel, 'Eve Green',  towards the bench. The sun decides to glare right into my face. A powerful one.
I reconnect with the novel from where I had left it. A novel about a redhead whose mother decides to die and now the redhead, Evangeline is left to bear with her grandparents in the country. A tale told with childlike excitement and naievity . Evangeline, an interesting name. A name that men just get entangled into.

A day off in the middle of the week is just crazy. I have to remind myself that its Tuesday. That I don't have to wake up early. Tomorrow its day duty again. Now how can one wake up early again after waking up at two pm on the preceding day. 

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more