Just landed: Back in Karachi.

"Asalam-u-laikum", I greet the lady behind the counter (at Karachi Airport). She smiles back and responds. Then comes the big task. Reclaim of luggage. My amazingly heavy bags. Filled with half the stuff I never really used.

Dragging them on the railways in UK is a story of its own. This little girl, two bags and a lot of friction. And yes to add insult to injury was my huge coat. I just had to wear it. I'd spent quite a fortune on it and if worn in our Pakistani winters would give me a heatstroke. The bags had wheels and were supposed to stand in normal circumstances. But the weight that the bags contained was not normal and the bags would bow down once left alone.



Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!