Hajra left today

Hajra left today. I’ll definitely miss her. We had some very good times together. We used to laugh like crazy, walk around the residences at night and yack away about the AKUH days! She 'd wake up late everyday and kept creating new records with every passing day. You could consider her less expressive than me but it was always palpable that she cared. We had some wonderful meals together (and some not so wonderful ones as well!).

So now what am I doing with myself. I’ll probably enjoy my loneliness. Solitary confinement.

As a starter I locked myself out again. The room door just locks shut and the room keys are often left inside. The residences officers (the two ladies there ) know that very well, as they have opened doors for us time and again.

This time around, my keys left inside and I without my headscarf. It has happened a number of times before but Hajra was always there. 'Now what do I do', I thought to myself. I can’t go without my headscarf outside. I have just gotten so used to my head covered. I eventually came up with an idea. Lets call the residences office via the phone at the entrance. I did that all the while hoping that nobody sees me.

'Why don’t you just drop in and pick the keys', the residences officer remarks. 'Oh well, I’ve left my scarf in and ..', I responded. 'So you are not allowed to come', she says. 'Its not that I am not allowed, Its just that I don’t feel comfortable, I hope that you understand', I explain. 'Oh I can understand, but I may take about ten minutes to come, I hope that's okay'. Of course it was okay.

Ten minutes later she arrives. I feel really embarrassed that I have repeated the same mistake again. 'These doors', I try to give an excuse. 'Oh don’t you worry about that , a lot of people do that', and leaves away smiling.

Today's plan

  1. Study
  2. Shop from Tesco (for food), halal makanan (Malay for food)!
  3. Read some materia non medica

P.S. I’ve finished half the Reluctant Fundamentalist.

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!