My first roza

The thought of my fast came back only once I was done with the delight!

Some part of my childhood was spent in my Nana's place. As ramazan came, we used to be inspired by adults and wanted to fast. My grandparents woke us up for Sehri. That used to be real fun. My grandma cooking sehri, my Nana sitting on a mat closeby helping her out with the cooking now and again. Then the rest of the family would wake up. We would all have sehri but as we were too young hence our fast broke at around 12 noon. Cute.






A fast in summers

My first official roza was when I was in class two. It was a long summer day. Heat scorching. We used to go to our Baji's place (A lady in our neighbourhood ) for Quran lessons. There in the break, I heard the kulfi walla chanting out, "Kulfi wala bhai, malai wali kulfi!". I completely forgot that I was fasting and bought the kulfi. It was so delicious. The thought of my fast came back only once I was done with the delight. I felt so guilty. I never wanted the do anything that would harm my fast. I went to my Baji and asked her about what to do. "Did you intentionally eat the kulfi?", she probed. "No",was my reply. "It was a mistake then. Don't worry, nothing will happen to your fast!"

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more