Hum zinda qaum hain!


Happy independance day to all! Its been years now. So this independance day lets see what our countrymen and women have to say...

I am proud of Pakistan because . . . . . . .

Huma (Year two resident)
Because my family is here.

Gulnaz (Intern)
I like Pakistan because it does not ask you for any other liscensing exam after MBBS/FCPS unlike foreign countries.


Nasreen (Year one resident)
Because this is my country, my identity. I have spent 27 years of my life here (earned, laughed, cried, grew up ) and did a lot. The people I love are here. I have may family and friends here. No doubt there are millions of lackings, problems and issues here but there are uncountable emotions, lots of love and many reasons for me to love it..... I simply love Pakistan!

Ghulam Abbas (Year one resident)
Because whatever I got, respect, name, my identity all that is because of my beloved country, Pakistan.



Kashif (Year two resident)
I used to be when I was young and ignorant.


Bilal  (Year two resident)
I really don't have any other choice. I'm really proud.

Shehnaz (C2 staff)
I proud to be Pakistani because its a great Islamic country. I pray all is well in Pakistan (Ameen).

Saima Kamal (Year two resident)
Hmmm, why am I proud to be 'Pakistani'. Well the fact is that it has got the most craziest people in the entire world, we stick together, we are dheet, we will fight for our so called 'zaban' and 'qomiat', but all of us will give the Indian cricketers curses in an India vs Pakistan match. All of us will raise voice against terrorism and for Afia Siddiqui. My country has all the potential to be one of the best in the world. All we need are good leaders, we need to realise "United we stand, divided we fall".

Aini (Nursing student)
I am proud of Pakistan because it has given me a lot. Honour, pride, my identity. My values are rooted in the ground where I can see my ancestors resting in peace. 


Back to the writer (thats me!)
Yesterday during iftaari in cafetaria, we were all sitting together. Sindhis, Punjabis, Pathans. One of our residents commented, "We live together here and respect each other. We donot call each other bhokay nangay! We donot threat each other for trivial things".

So people who do that, please stop doing that. There are matters larger than ethinicities which are a problem. Lets solve them. I hate it when people call us a failed state, cause you haven't failed till you stop trying! 



Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more