A different ball game altogether!

Month changes, rotation changes. And I hate that. I always think that I won't be able to adjust, and I always prove myself wrong. Post two months of ICU, comes medicine night cover. In it you are oncall every other day. There are no new patients admitted. You just have to take care of two teams admitted patients. There is an intern or an year one who manages things and all you have to do is make sure things are done.



Episode One

Day one. I'm made my sisters senior. OK. I think I am a little bossy, so I thought I'd fare well. Post call I am pretty satisfied. One rush call at about 2:30 am. As I leave the resort (that's what Hajra and I call the new call rooms, their only caveat, they are in gynaecology ward,which is far far away from the main medicine ward.), Dr Naureen (our year four resident ,also oncall), is behind me. Its me rushing, and Dr Naureen following . After what seems like a hundred meter race we finally reach the rush call scene. Young female , breathless , but stable. Blood gas and chest xray turns out fine. As we move back, Dr Naureen and I laugh at the marathon we just had. I leave for the continuation of my dreams.







Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more