All is well.

I give my regular peek to the facebook and call it a day.

Oh wow. One of those beautiful calls again! The sun rises beautifully. The weather perfect (atleast in the 23 C that the hospital interior has). Things under control. Plenty of patients, but manageable. Early dinner. Timely checkout round. This is a glimpse of heaven, right!





Done with the day's work, Ayesha (our year one resident) and I finally head for the call room. The clock says its half past midnight.
We chase the rest of the labs, offer prayers, I give my regular peek to the facebook and call it a day. Fifteen minutes pass. The nurse pages me. Your patient is tachycardic. She doesnot have fever, is not in pain. I ask the nurse to monitor the patient and inform in ten minutes time. She calls back, Doc, your patient is becoming hypotensive. We rush towards C2 ward. The rest of the night is spent along patient's bedside. Patient starts to get drowsy. I almost yell to assess her conscious status, "Aunty, aunty!". "Yes", comes a distant voice. We turn around. This is bed D's aunty responding. Among all this seriousness, we all smile. Okay so her conscious status is alright. Congrats to her doctor.
Coming back to mine, she takes her time (five hours to be exact!), but is now alright.
All is well that ends well. Patient is stable, family happy. Me......... satisfied.


Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more