Minutes count



I 'll give myself five minutes to write this piece.
Dr Zarka, your time starts now.
On call again. Dr S is passing A-line on a patient. I told him that I ll pass it , he said, that patient has only one arm for experimentation, and he ll pass it. Of course I wont listen. Just then Dr Saeed calls. I give him a review of the patients. Once I'm done , Dr S is nowhere to be seen. I search all over the ICU.
Oh.......
He is standing all scrubed to pass A-line!
The nurse asks me to enter nebulizing drugs for this patient. I tell her, "This is Dr S's patient, he ll enter the drug!".
I walk away.
Still two minutes to spare.
Just now the unit receptionist calls. He wastes one minutes
Patient's family arrives for update.
Five minutes end here.....

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend post!