Dilwalay dulhaniya lay jain gay!!!

Ladies and gentleman.Let’s take a visit to my cousin’s wedding.

The chiefs could not arrange for a replacement. I tried my level best to arrange a cover. Dr Imran accepted to give cover, but then the whole plan was not really making sense and I thought that I’m not going and will stay in the hospital, while the rest of the family leaves for the wedding.

Dr Jalal then told me to go, if there is some sort of arrangement being done.”Work here will never finish, don’t miss this chance!”, he added.

I left. Postcall. Drained out. I left hospital at 1715 hours.

My family looked excited.

As we approached toll plaza, the sun was about to set.

Toll Plaza (leads to Hyderabad).From there on its about a two hour drive.

 

 

Wonderful truck art.The portrait is of ‘Jalal Chandio’ (famous Sindhi singer).

 

 

 

 

 

The evening gives way to night, and the sky hues

beautifully!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Take another look at the hypnotizing sunset……

 

 

 

We stop at one of the petrol pumps for tea , and namaz.

In this pic you could see my brother, Junaid, returning from prayers.He gives his political pose

 

The clock ticks 1030 hours when we finally reach Matli (my home town).

My cousins are singing at the top of their lungs.It has been years since I have sang such songs. But its fun to sing all over again.We are served food and then retire for the day.

Early next morning, we have our nashta of daal pakaan (something like halwa puri).We then lazily start to prepare for the wedding (the wedding is in the afternoon, and the baraat supposed to leave at 1100 hours, what odd timings!).

 

Junaid seen with my phuppo (paternal aunty).

All our aunties and nanis love Junaid, hence we call him ladies cutlery set.

 

 

Arif (my youngest brother), full of drama, performs another act.

He took two hours for the process of waking up.

 

 

 

Everybody is eventually ready for the wedding. We go to the dolha’s (my cousin’s) house.Everybody is gathered there for ‘sehrabandi’.

My father is seen holding the sehra, the dulha is seen wearing a necklace made of money.Others seen in this picture are my uncles.

 

As the groom sits in the car behind, this gentleman performs his ‘shehnai’ skills.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I really liked this kid. She is one of my cousins daughter. Look at the brilliant haircut, and the wonderful lipstick.

She was clearly happy!

 

 

Seen below is the city of Tando Ghulam Ali.The bride lives here.Its about 25 minutes drive from Matli.

 

 

This group of ladies sings during the wedding.

These ladies originally belong to Africa. They usually sing in groups in female gatherings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Above are seen the little men in our extended family, with my brothers.

Hundred marks for the happy pose!

As the clock ticks two in the afternoon, we leave the wedding in the middle (or rather the start), as I have to report for my call in AKUH.

 

 

 

These two  pictures are taken as we cross Hyderabad.

Hello Hyderabad!

 

 

Karachi still an hour away , we stop for tea. Now this was a wonderful spot!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Check out Arif’s tea serving skills in the picture below.

Arif the chai wala!

And with this I end this post.I’ll leave the audience with this last pic.

Hope you enjoyed the ride.

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more