Half a month.......... done!


Half a month done.First 15 days of senior residency.Senior resident................... a title which seemed like a curse initially!Things have started to improve.The rule is doesn't matter if you know stuff or not, just act as if you do!
Dr Saliha Ishaq was my attending for the first half.She is nice, sweet easy going.Lets you do whatever you want to.


The promises
I start enthusiastic, plan that I ll study all electrolyte imbalances.I haven't completed even one.I can blame it on 'residents appreciation night'.That I was busy rehearsing for the skits, news.......but there are no excuses.If I haven't studied, there is no one to blame apart from myself!






The shift
As per schedule, the last fifteen days , the consultant changes and now its an even sweeter attending.........Dr Faisal Mehmood.The first day with him today.My intern picks up the file for follow up presentation and leaves the clip open.Result, papers slip out.He starts to panic.Cardio fellow mockingly says that feed your intern with ample amount of food after the round."We ve just had tea with samosas!", I reply to the cardio fellow ( and no , the fellow is not Dr Ashique).As Dr Faisal Mehmood wraps up his phone call, I try to relax my intern, and try to convince my intern about how nice Dr Faisal Mehmood is.Dr Faisal is now ready for the rounds.I introduce my intern and he introduces himself, " hello! I am Dr Saliha Ishaq!"

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more