Play one

Before the writer dies in me…..I must write something!

Venue : Ibn-e-Zuhr Oncology clinic.

Characters: Dr Zarka, Patients.

“and you call this hospital, of International standards”.

Scene one.

Dr Zarka stands on the counter, swinging in the chair, waiting for a room to empty so she can clerk a patient.In comes the 65  year old gentleman (patient one).

Patient one says to nurse (in a rather loud and annoyed voice): “When is my turn going to arrive?! I’ve been waiting since two”.

Nurse looks at the mountain of files and lets him know that it ll take another half an hour.

Patient one is annoyed no end.He says “and you call this hospital of International standards”.

Half and hour elapses. 

Patient one is called.He enters’ room five.

As Dr Zarka enters room five , ‘I ve seen this patient before’, She thinks to herself.She greets the patients, and tells him ,”I ve seen you before”.

Patient one says, “I think so too”

Then Dr Zarka suddenly remembers, “You have a foreign wife!”

Patient one smiles and says, “No.But I would love to have one”.

Its then that Dr Zarka remembers, “ You are that patient who said I m busy doing nothing”.

Patient one nods in affirmative.

Scene one ends.

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more