The little one

Paani! She eventually screams.Time is 0630 hours.I visit the radiology department with the intent to settle the issue whether the chest xray has signs of pneumonia or not!It is not a matter of learning anymore, its more of a matter of ego.The radiology department carries a deserted look.Near the water-cooler stands a little girl with a large bottle~! I bypass her and enter the ultrasound department to find out who is oncall.So its Dr Zeeshan.I page him and he seems ready to discuss the water[1]xray.Out the ultrasound department and into the corridor  I bypass the same little girl.She is wearing shalwar kameez and has cropped hair. I knock the oncall room.Dr Zeeshan opens it.He looks all crumpled but is kind enough to discuss.There is no pneumonia, he agrees.Haah! I think!Thats it ! I was right!My little bloated ego almost performs a tango inside me.

I leave the room elated.There are three follow-ups , so that will take another hour, and then I ll have halwa puri.This will then be followed by rounds, and then I ll go home……Paani ! the little girl screams!My chain of thought breaks.She cant reach the cooler!I smile at her and take the bottle from her hand, fill it and return it to her . . . . . . GOOD Morning AKUH!   

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend post-books, movies and thoughts

Weekend update: caterpillars, chais, beginnings and reading snippets

Weekend Post: mangoes, puzzles and more